Engineering 111 - Foundations of Engineering I
Review for Exam III
Chapter 7 - Numbers
- Section 7.1
- Section 7.2
- Accuracy and Precision
- Systematic Errors and Random Errors
- Uncertainty and Error (Memorize Equations 7-1 to 7-5)
- Figure 7.1
- Section 7.3
- Significant Figures
- Addition/Subtraction Significant Figures
- Multiplication/Division Significant Figures
- Review these problems at the end of this chapter: 7.1 to 7.6
Chapter 8 - Tables and Graphs
- Section 8.1
- Independent and Dependent Variables
- Section 8.2
- Table 8.1 (See how to include units.)
- Section 8.3
- Ordinate (y-axis) and Abscissa (x-axis)
- Figure 8.2
- Section 8.4
- Equation 8-2 and Figure 8-3
- Section 8.5
- Power Equations
- How do you make a log-log plot?
- Figure 8.4-8.5
- Section 8.6
- Exponential Equations
- How do you make a semi-log plot?
- Figure 8.6
- Section 8.7
- Section 8.8
- What is interpolation and extrapolation?
- Section 8.9
- Least Squares Linear Regression
- Equations 8.32 and 8.33 and 8-37 will be provided.
- Review these problems at the end of this chapter: 8.1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Chapter 9 - Statistics
- Section 9.1
- Statistical Quality Control
- Section 9.2
- Section 9.3
- Raw Data
- Range, Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation
- Equations 9-3 and 9-8 will be provided.
- Section 9.4
- Section 9.5
- Normal Distribution or bell-shape curve
- Equation 9-12 may be provided.
- Review these problems at the end of this chapter: 9.1 and 9.7
How to Study
- Follow review guideline above.
- Review the in-class and homework exercises. This includes homework 5 and 7.
- Review the PowerPoint for these chapters above. PowerPoint files
can be downloaded from the course home page.