Engineering 112 – Foundations of
Review for Exam II
Bring your book to the exam.
Chapter 14 - Unit Conversions
Review your class
difference between mass and weight (very important).
Know how to use
Appendix A.3 through A.14 for unit conversions
Expect to see
problems like these on the exam:
o Example problem 14.1, 2, and 3
o Problems 14.1, 2, 4 (b,c),
5, (a,b), 6
will be taken directly from the homework handouts.
Chapter 14 - Statics
- What equations best describe what is meant by statics and dynamics?
- Review the vector notation used in 15-2.
- Review moments (Equation 15-7, Figure 15.5)
- What are free body diagrams?
- What are the three kinds of stress? Write down the equation for
each kind of stress.
- What is strain? Write down
the equation for it and know what each variable represents.
- Carefully review Figure 15.15 and Equation 15-13.
- Define the following terms:
- Modulus of Proportionality
- Proportional Limit
- Elastic Limit
- Yield Strength
- Ultimate Strength
- Safety Factor
- Expect to see problems like these on the exam:
- Example problems 15.1 through 15.8.
- Problems 15.1 through 15.12.
- Some questions will be taken directly from the